SDA engineers pride themselves on their ability to develop solutions to Clients’ environmental requirements which are both aesthetically pleasing and founded on sound engineering principles.
The practice places great emphasis on Client satisfaction, as this is undoubtedly the most efficient means of maintaining and developing our place in the market. We have a passion for achieving high quality installations, effectively commissioned and completed on time and within budget.
Our design ethos is based upon the use of sound engineering principles to evaluate and select building engineering services solutions appropriate to modern, sustainable, energy efficient buildings.
Our team of engineers encompasses a range of expertise and experience which is combined appropriately to meet the challenges set by each commission we receive.
Our team includes certified specialists including iSBEM Competent Persons, Low Carbon Consultants, EPC Assessors and BREEAM Advisors.
All members of the design team pride themselves in the specification of ergonomically designed, practical, sustainable and economic buildings.
The practice is quality assured in accordance with ISO 9001 and holds an ISO 14001 certificate for Environmental Management. The practice is registered with CIBSE, ACE, BSI and Constructionline and is accredited by BAFE for the design of fire alarm systems.
Software based design packages include Dynamic Thermal Simulation techniques. Specialist design and assessment tools such as Relux, Dialux, iSBEM, OR-Cal are utilised. Design tools include the use of 3D Autocad and Building Information Modelling technologies utilising Revit MEP software.
Our services include:-
• Mechanical and electrical services design and specification
• Client Technical Advisor services
• Building services project management
• Building services cost advice
• Energy surveys and assessments
• Strategic and infrastructure planning for future projects
• Assessment surveys to establish the condition of services and the need for remedial works
• Preparation of maintenance schedules and contracts
• Assessment surveys to determine the condition of services prior to purchase
• Carbon / CO2 emissions analysis
• Low Carbon Consultancy
• Building thermal modelling
• Provision of Energy Performance Certificates (EPC’s)
• Security assessments