The industrial sector presents very different needs to every different building and SDA’s sound engineering expertise and wide ranging experience allows us to deliver schemes to suit the Client’s particular needs.
Our industrial designs include testing laboratories, offices, production facilities, plant spaces and other ancillary areas.
Our work ranges from the design of totally new facilities, either in new buildings or extensions to existing buildings, to advice upon overcoming particular problems with buildings or processes. Often the solution to dealing with problems can involve eliminating or reducing the problem rather than designing complex solutions to deal with the effects of the problem. SDA take a holistic approach to the engineering design of such solutions.
SDA’s designs include ventilation and heating systems which use waste heat from industrial units. This can provide the Client with savings at little or no additional capital cost.
We have been involved in the design of complex service installations to support production engineering, medical research and advanced scientific processes. These have included:
• Molecular level bonding and coating.
• Neurology research facilities.
• Containment laboratories.
• Ultra pure water filtration plant for use in medical environment.
• Toxic gas abatement systems.
• Low activity, electro-magnetic isolation facilities.
• Linear Accelerator suites and radiotherapy departments.